Tuesday 23 April 2013

T is for Tennis Elbow

Contrary to what you might think, I have not been playing tennis. It turns out that you can develop this condition from gardening too - specifically weeding.

Regular readers will know I enjoy an annual battle with the bindweed in my garden and this year it is clearly fighting back with new tactics - for how can I dig it up when my right arm is in so much pain that I can barely lift a glass of water, let alone dig out miles of sneaky roots? It has also brought in its stinging cousin the nettle to join its forces. This plant may well have been the cause of the elbow problem. There was much yanking and strain to the joints and tendons - though miraculously no stings!

May I just say that tennis elbow hurts. A lot. And apparently takes months to get rid of... I am much better today though and no longer reaching for the anti-inflammatories every four hours so I'm secretly hoping its just a strain.

Makes you realise how much I rely on having both arms in action. Feeling a sense of gratitude that I have them.



2 comments:

  1. You have my sympathy, Lisa. I had tennis elbow some years ago and it took months to fully heal and, yes, it was very painful! I remember that a pressure sleeve helped support my arm when I was doing things thereby not putting as much stress on the elbow area. I do hope it heals up for you sooner than later. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I'm sorry, Lisa! That does not sound pleasant at all!

    My mother-in-law swears that weeds wither when boiling water is poured on them....perhaps a different solution? Though not an easy to carry one :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...