Saturday 12 January 2013

Vampires and bookish learning

I'm missing my weekly dose of eye candy as The Vampire Diaries is on a break. Seriously, don't they know I need my Damon fix?

Interesting that authors put their vampires through High School again and again and again (we're talking Cullens and Stefan here)... I mean if you could pass for 18, wouldn't you rather go to University?

These withdrawal symptoms included a train of thought along the lines of what I would do with my time if I suddenly became immortal. This might sound incredibly geeky, but you know what, I'd love to keep learning. Just imagine how much you could absorb over centuries, what an expert you could become and how you could use that amassed knowledge for the good of the world.

The past 12 months or so have seen me devour business, self-help and spiritual books. As I read each, I'm finding links and patterns that excite my brain cells, deliver solutions and spark creativity. Imagine an eternity of building recipes from your learning. Who knows... you might even find the elusive Philosopher's Stone.

My brain is giving greedy gurgles at the mere thought of it, although I do wonder if my own personal hard drive has a maximum capacity. Is there only so much I could take in and process? Would my operating system crash? Could I build my own upgrade?


1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! I'm in need of a Damon fix too, when is it starting back!? :0) Thank you for the nice pic to gaze at though was a nice surprise in my blog news feed ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...