Sunday 13 January 2013

Girl with flowers in her hair


I like to stick a bit of flora in my hair when the opportunity arises. In fact, a photograph of me with pink petals in my hair is actually on a ''proper" company website - for an IT Hosting company. (I would post the actual link to the correct page but unfortunately I can't remember which one it was on. A prize for anyone who finds me!).

This post will eventually get around to plugging an exciting blog party happening next weekend, but first it requires some scene setting.

As I created this piece it began to remind me of my friend and arty collaborator Priti Lisa who, ever since I first saw this picture on her blog, I imagine to permanently walk around with flowers in her hair and channelling her inner Frida.


This week I have been excitedly planning the big reveal of the art journal collaboration/round robin that Lisa organised for a group of eight artists last year - as well as planning the beginnings of our second artistic adventure starting on March 1st.

Come along to my blog next weekend for links to all the participants showcase the work that travelled the globe and share their experience of being a part of such a project. I'm not going to say any more now... you need to visit next weekend!!

Well, for some reason this post has taken me ages to write and I need my breakfast.

Sharing with the crew at Sunday Sketches.

The roses in my girl's hair were created using a stamp made from the heart of a cabbage...






21 comments:

  1. LOVE your girl, so pretty and full of texture I just want to reach out and touch her! What a great idea to use the heart of a cabbage to create the roses! Looking forward to hearing about your new art collaboration! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, love you painting. So that's what you did with your cabbage. Great idea. Printing with veg...I'm going to try that with my kids at school...can just imagine what some of the parents will say..."That crazy English woman is now playing with veg...oh la la".

    I will definately be popping by next week. If you decided to do another round robin, I would love to join in, if you'll have me.. :)
    Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifulll! And what a good idea is that, the stamp from a cabbage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you made something so beautiful using a cabbage to print with! I would literally have never thought of that!

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, i love the roses! of course, roses are my favorite....i've never tried that, and I will! what a beautiful way to make a valentine, too!
    i love the red hair in your 1st painting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely illustration with dynamic 'energy' ~ Wonderful post and cabbage stamp is amazing and very creative ~

    ( A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. meant to also say, that i love the red heads expression, it's beautiful, and her eyes are amazing....this would be a gorgeous print! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cabbage prints, and can't wait to see the journal entries next week. It sounds like the kind of project I would like to be a part of. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cabbage prints and gorgeous journal page. Love it so much Lisa.
    lovely greet
    Marjs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely page and ingenious cabbage prints, lush and wonderful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is one of the most beautiful girls/paintings I've seen in along time. Your style, creativity and wonder never ceases. I LOVE that about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love girls with flowers in their hair ~ In the Garden just sayin'. *smile*
    Gotta try that cabbage idea, thanks!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your cabbage roses and priti lisa too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how fun...love the bright, bold colors! Happy SS

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so very great! Real character in this, super hair, love her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous girl and i love your idea for stamping the flowers. I'll have to try it sometime! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh what a treasure to learn this trick with cabbage hearts!
    And I love your beautiful art work with the gorgeous reds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really AWESOME indeed!
    Bravo from my heart!
    I looooove it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would so rather stamp with a cabbage than eat it!! Great idea and marvelous girl. . .

    ReplyDelete
  20. yes this is where I saw the cabbage idea ... thank you! I added the link to your post :K)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...