Friday 16 March 2012

The Crimson and the ... Scarlet


I just love those adjectives. Don't they just ooze lush and sensuality? What is it about red that makes us wish to lose our inhibitions? To inbibe fermented fruit; to turn up the volume and just dance like nobody is watching?

OK, I admit it. I did actually do that this evening - but nobody was watching... so who cares?

This is Donna. I'm not sure she actually looks very Donna-esque, but I painted her from a Donna Karen advert so felt obliged to give a nod in that designer's direction. I think I once owned a Donna Karen skirt (but that is pretty irrelevant to this post).

I'm having a personal soirée of music, art and dance ... with a drop of Sauvignon Blanc.

Some red art for The Butterfly Effect... which for some reason makes me think of making toast and marmite... can't think why?

13 comments:

  1. I love the movement, and the color, and how the brushstrokes almost veil her face. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Silly! enjoy that wine and wish I could join you - I could use some dancing in wild abandon right about now...

    smiles
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the movement and simplicity of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice piece, and quite normal to always think of toast and marmite. (I have to import my own marmite, you can't get it here!) Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the first word that came to my mind. Sensual! :) Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This composition is pure tenderness full of sensuality, delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me a good personal dance party. Sounds like the perfect evening. (but the wine is the wrong color)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh Lisa, you do lead a charmed life. I'll bet you had a gorgeous red something or other on when you danced...your girl is fabulous. Another wonderful centerfold girl in your book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like she is enjoying the party also ;) love the loose brushstrokes of this whole piece, the background, the hair and the dress, wondeful redish :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your lady in red.....did you draw her in charcoal? x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your lady in red and wishing you good luck with your plan for your art whatever it may be. I have to do this as well.... Just stop entering challenges and take time to decide what i really want to be doing nd creating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sultry lady! Love her balmy expression and bold swashes of color across the page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...this is so so so awesome. Love all of your girls. Wow, I'm "baff". And thank you so much for your sweet comment on my Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...