Sunday 29 May 2011

Bit of a theme going on here...


If you saw my post yesterday, you might be forgiven for spotting a few similarities. Is this the same sea creature showing up on dry land and peering through the foliage of an English country garden? I confess that my indolent holiday state may have caused my imagination to dry up a little. I went prepared with interesting backgrounds to draw upon and managed the same sketch on both. However, I do like the idea of the face peering through layers. What else could I explore in this way I wonder?

Of course, sketching faces is the old comfort zone thing too - though if I'd heard myself say that a few years ago I would probably have fallen over in shock! Thank you Suzi Blu for showing me the way!

On Flora's workshop at the retreat I found myself painting a face when the going got tough. But then thank you Flora too - for suddenly there I was painting right over it because I wanted to grab at something new, be bold and daring.

I feel at a bit of a crossroads right now. I took some time out to think and plan while I was away. No drastic changes but just a little more focus and concrete steps to climb out of the comfortable rut I allow myself into sometimes. It's time for action my bloggy friends... Stay tooned!

Pop over to Sunday Sketches and see what everyone else has been up to this week.

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love the colors and layers - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely purple and blue layers. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready for the action! I love the face peering out of the layers...really cool - and the colros are looking great, too! can't wait to see what you have instore for us - enjoy your Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful..full of color and life! Love the textural look too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is gorgeous. Fantastic background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these colours Lisa!!!! Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work, love the patterns and colors here!

    One should always create what one loves... If that be faces, then so be it. But it's fun with a challenge from time to time, to evolve and maybe find some new inspiration. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  8. The layers are great! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue, Pink, White color palette=love. So gorgeous. I want to try this method you do. I just do not know how to get started. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these colors and the face peering out from the foliage is so pretty! new plans??? Do tell?? How very exciting! Glad you are back and can't wait to see what direction you are going to take next!

    Smiles and hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors and the layered look and how her face is formed with just some value and shading, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this kind of art as it draws you in a makes you really look to see what all is hidden. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it fun to challange yourself? It really does help us overcome certain "fears" with art, doesn't it? :)

    Happy SS! Loving the colours and lips as always. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely painting,you have managed the coloured layers so well! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is wonderful
    love her two colored eyes
    and her peering through from beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the textured look here and the cool colors you chose. (I tend to instinctively draw faces too, or rather doodle them all day long.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like her eyes and the great textures and colors

    thanks for your visit and have a sweet day

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both of your ladies peering through the layers... beautiful :)

    I look forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve...

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the effect of peering through layers that you have created.........especially the textures and colors. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the transparency and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YOU GO GIRL!!!! Always love your work so can't wait to see how you make yourself stretch!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...