Thursday 8 July 2010

This, that and the other

I wanted to blog tonight. I was having withdrawal symptoms. I was also having 'can't think of anything to write' syndrome.

In search of inspiration, I grabbed my not-very-well-thumbed copy of the Art Spirit by Robert Henri. It's a series of notes, letters and ramblings about art. The first quote that jumped out at me (err the truth is it was about the fifth - but where's the story in that?) was this:

"Ever since the beginning there have been artists who have found in the simple life about them the wonderful and the beautiful, and through the fact of this inspiration have sensed the way to make the combination of form and colour we know as art."

Well, knock me down with a feather (a big one) if that wasn't just what I was trying to get at in my previous post (if a little less poetically).

While I'm on a ramble - for it seems this is becoming one - let me tell you about a giveaway on another blog... Now the trouble with telling others about this is naturally that it reduces my chances of actually winning. However, I do like this author and I think you will too, so pop along and visit a funny lady from Australia - a big round of applause for... Comic Mummy. (See, told you I would give you a plug if you were a good girl!).

Finally, very excited that my most recent art purchase dropped through t'letterbox today. The Drawing Lab. I'm off to scribble...

This blob may become something... or it may not... I was using up some spare paint on my palette. In the spirit of Robert Henri (and indeed my previous post), I'm seeing primeval predator or just a curious cat. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! Great read..i enjoyed this! And I loooove spare paint..the initial blob begins to transform..they become something magical! Wishing you much joy and spirit while you create whatever magic lies ahead! Happy Creating!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now you really got me into the Drawing Lab ... Love the blob - the cat just killed a sparrow and wondered if it should dump it at your doorstep as offering to the High Priestess or just simply walked away and found another kill. Waiting eagerly to see what you come up with the gorgeous blob ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard alot of good things about that book. I'm thinking about getting it too. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have the inner ear thingy... how very annoying. Hope you get better soon - on the plus side, your sense of humour and imagination appear unimpaired my friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...