Tuesday 21 April 2009

A digital delight


It's not often that you're pleasantly surprised by something that comes out of the corridors of power, but today I was somewhat shocked to discover that Government bods are employing people that can actually write in plain English! While browsing the recently published report on Digital Britain (don't worry, I haven't turned into a total geek - it was for work, honest!), I was suddenly struck by the simple fact that I understood it and, what is more, was actually enjoying reading it. Maybe I am cruelly stereotyping, but let's face it we all expect turgid text that makes little sense to anyone without a PhD in gobbledygook. Instead, I was presented with plain English, friendly and conversational in tone and immediately engaging to the reader. OK, I admit I stuck with the short executive summary rather than the full 86 pages of detail, but give me a break... I've only been in the digital broadcasting industry a week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...